Last month, we released a tool that essentially serves as a playground for using Meta's "Prophet" modeling tool. You can find it live here: https://prophet-revenue-projection.streamlit.app/
Here's a quick guide on how to use it with your QuickBooks data. Please note that we do not retain any of the information that you submit, which can be checked at the open source repo here: https://github.com/Depot-Analytics/Prophet-Revenue-Projection
Generate a transactions report
1. Login to QBO and go to the Reports Tab
2. Enter "transactions" into the search bar and click on "Transaction List by Date"
3. Change the date range to your desired time range to use as baseline data
4. Filter by the type of transactions you're interested in predicting
5. Export the report
6. Open and Reformat the CSV
Delete the top 3 rows with metadata
Delete the bottom row with metadata
Rename the "Amount" column as "y"
Rename the "Date" column as "ds"
Format the "y" column as numbers
7. Upload the CSV to the revenue projector
Go to https://prophet-revenue-projection.streamlit.app/ and upload the CSV file (you may have to click a button to reactivate the site)
Click the "Browse files" button and upload your reformatted CSV
Change the parameters to reflect the realities in your organization!